Who doesn’t like good looking, shiny, healthy colored hair? We all have crushed over one another over a great new color and hairstyle. While it is fun and adventurous to try out new colors and styles, taking care of your hair is a vital process of having healthy color-treated hair. Here, we’re going to compare two products ( biotera vs biolage ) that are used for color-treated hair.
Read next: How long does hair dye last?
These are fantastic products, which one is better?
Biotera * and Biolage * are two professional color treatment ranges from the brands; Naturelle and Matrix, respectively. Matrix is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to hair care. It has been a pioneer in the hair industry for decades. It is a go-to, affordable label for small scale salons and for regular use too.
Biolage Color Last by Matrix is an entire range of solutions for hair that has been colored. The range promises to provide shine, saturation and vibrancy to color treated hair. The range includes shampoos, conditioners, masks, styling sprays and masks for the best results. Matrix is known for including natural extracts and infusions in their formulas for great results. The Biolage Color Last range is infused with the power of orchids to give your hair the tender, loving, care it needs.
- This product is not a tester
- Packaging may vary
- Beauty and personal care product
Biotera Ultra Color Care is a color-treatment line by Naturelle. The range boasts to be paraben and sulphate free. Moreover, it has also added botanical extracts and infusions in their range for a natural touch to the treatments. The Biotera Ultra Color Care range comprises of three products; a shampoo and two different kinds of conditioners. While the range seems small, it promises excellent results in the long run.
- Paraben free
- Lightweight gel blended with enduring bamboo extract
- Provides control definition, lift and long lasting hold
- No stickiness or flaking
- Gently restores the beauty and radiance to all hair types
Biotera by Naturelle and Biolage by Matrix
We’ve covered a shot brief about what both the products are and the basic components of both the products. Now, since it is a comparison between Biotera by Naturelle and Biolage by Matrix, we will be comparing and judging both the products on the following parameters:
- Hair Care
Hair Care for Colored Hair
Before we dive into the comparison and give you the results, we’d like to talk about how essential it is to take care of your hair after coloring it. Many think that a standard hair care routine will do the trick for colored hair and it might seem like an easy way out. But, if you want your color to look flawless on your hair, it is very important to take care of it. While many expect the treatment at the salon to be the only thing needed for maintaining color, it is not always the ideal way. If you want the color to last longer and not damage your hair, talking about hair care for colored hair is important. This will also be one of the key features we will be judging for the comparison of both the products.
Here, we’ve compiled a few essential tips for you on how to take care of your hair before and after coloring it:
- Hair care for colored hair starts months before you actually color your hair. Start by increasing the times you oil and mask your hair. Additionally, try avoiding all kinds of heating tools two months before you plan to dye your hair. If the process includes bleaching your hair, use extra virgin coconut oil on your scalp a night before the bleaching takes place. The coconut oil will nourish, moisturise and reduce hair shaft damage that happens while bleaching.
- If you’re planning to dye your hair at home, or are planning to visit a salon, always make sure that you choose the right dye for your hair type. Hair dying is a serious investment. Don’t compromise on color and bleach. It’s your hair you are treating, do right by it. Always avoid products that have ammonia as an ingredient in it. Always follow the instructions on the package if you’re colouring your hair at home.
- Don’t be too quick to shampoo your hair after coloring it. Apart from the initial wash, try to wait for two to three days before your first shampoo. This will reduce color bleeding and will help your hair adapt to the new color and for the color to settle in your hair. Use a good oil to massage your hair properly few hours before your first shampoo after colouring your hair. Be generous with the oil. It will work as a shield or protective layer so that the color doesn’t over bleed.
- It is always best to get a quick trim after any kind of treatment you get done on your hair. After-care is a big part of ensuring your color lasts long and look amazing always. This includes cutting down on the number of times you wash your hair, using the right products to take care of the color, oiling, and reducing the use of clarifying shampoos. Serums, leave-in conditioners, oils are your best friends post a color treatment.
Biotera vs Biolage:
Now that we have seen the hair care part for color treated hair, we shall dive into the comparison of the two products; Biotera vs. Biolage .
Biotera Ultra Color Care by Naturelle :
- Application: You can apply the shampoo as any other shampoo for regular use. Since the shampoo is sulphate free, you will not have a lot of foaming. The label recommends using the shampoo with the conditioner for best results.
- Effectiveness: When it comes to hair care for colored hair, Biotera is a good choice. The range is sulphate and paraben free as compared to other shampoos for color treated hair. The shampoo is very effective in protecting hair that has been through coloring.
- Benefits: The shampoo promises long term color retention along with hydration for dry hair. The shampoo is perfect for those who have experienced extreme damage and dryness after a color treatment. The formula of the shampoo works best for those who have extremely delicate hair as well.
- Hair care: The shampoo itself is not enough for complete hair care for colored hair. The Biotera range has a shampoo and two types of conditioners. Apart from that, the Biotera Ultra Color Care does not provide more.
Read next: Best hot rollers for long hair
Biolage Color Last by Matrix :
As we mentioned earlier, the Biolage Color Last by Matrix has a total of 7 products. Each of them functions differently and has a different way of application. The main product in the line is the Biolage Color Last Shampoo.
- Application: The Biolage Color Last shampoo is used as a daily use shampoo. Wet your hair and use the shampoo to cleanse your hair of excess oils and dirt. Since the shampoo has natural extracts, let it work its way thoroughly before you rinse your hair. Like any other lines, the brand suggests following the shampoo with their Color Last Conditioner.
- Effectiveness: Biolage has been a favourite for many people who have colored their hair. Since the line is from a professionally trusted brand like Matrix, it is a sure success. The shampoo is very effective and stands up to the promises it makes. You will experience shiny, glossy hair with one wash.
- Benefits: If you compare the shampoo to Biotera, yes, there is a lot more foaming than Biotera. But this also means it will cleanse your hair better without stripping it of the hair’s natural moisture. Moreover, the Orchid extract helps build your hair and keep it beautiful always.
- Hair care: Biolage trumps a lot of hair care lines for colored hair in this area. The extensive line ensures you get the best care for color treatments. From hair packs and masks to serums and a styling spray, the line is the best you can get for the price and amount of product. Since the line has everything you need to protect the color treatment on your hair, you don’t have to worry about looking for products that will go well with your color protecting shampoo and conditioner.
After listing everything about Biotera vs Biolage competision, we have come to a conclusion. While both the products promise great results and have the same Orchid extract in their formulas, the Biolage Color Last by Matrix stands as the winner in this comparison.
- This product is not a tester
- Packaging may vary
- Beauty and personal care product
Here’s why we think that Biolage Color Last by Matrix is the winner:
In this situation, Biotera vs Biolage, we have to say that both of tham are worth trying. However, looking from the ingredient list, if we are to choose, we will recommend you to pick Biolage because they are already paraben and sulfate free with more natural ingredients.
- One of the biggest reasons for Biolage to be the winner is the inclusive, extensive and holistic line. Even if you choose to go for the shampoo and conditioner only, you know that the line has more products if you ever need them.
- Matrix has been a trusted name in the professional hair styling world for years. Since the brand provides solutions that can be used at Salons as well as at homes, you know that you can rush to a Matrix salon if anything goes south at home.
- Another advantage of going with Biolage over Biotera is that Matrix has its own line of a variety of hair colors. This goes to prove that the label has put a lot of thought into their Biolage range to cater to those who use Matrix hair colors.
- The Biolage Color Last shampoo does exactly what it promises. It truly maintains a saturated and shiny hair color and retains the hair’s natural hydration.